Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ungreatful Heart

You know what it's like,
when feelings betray truth?
It's like thinking you'll stay dry,
in a house with no roof.

I got nothing but promise,
or so they tell me today.
So then why do I feel,
I should drink it away?

I once thought I had,
that which I wanted most.
And now that I've lost it,
I'm left with the ghost.

I am haunted by yesterday,
and mistakes that I've made.
I'm saving for a debt,
that can hardly be paid.

Sorry for you who had me,
when I was who I was.
Now that I'm me again,
I am consumed by the cause.

Beginning to realize,
that moment has flown.
There is no one to blame,
the fault is my own.

My eyes finally open,
I took a long look at things.
As life slowly gets better,
my past it still stings.

When will my tired mind,
finally clear of this pain?
When my feelings catch up to the truth,
and I get me a roof,
to protect me from rain.

2 comments:

  1. Dan, you know the answer to that question. Take out the "Good Book" and you will certainly find it in there! God bless you my son and know that when everyone else leaves you He will always be there..... Love Mom

    ReplyDelete